UNISON runs excellent training courses for stewards and health and safety reps.
The latest training program details the courses UNISON runs and is designed to help you get the education and training you need in UNISON and to support you in your union role, whatever it is.
Stewards should aim to take the five day Organising Steward course within three months of becoming a steward.
Just complete the application form ask your employer for time off then email or fax the application form to the Branch Office for us to authorise. We will fax your form to the London Region of UNISON who will contact you to confirm that you have been booked on the course. Travel and lunch expenses [if lunch is not supplied] can be claimed from the Branch Office.
UNISON organises education and professional development courses for learning reps and members in conjunction with the Open University
The TUC also runs courses for union reps, courses available in the South East:
* Union rep stage 1
* Health & Safety rep stage 1
* Tackling racism
* Work life balance
TUC Online courses for reps include:
- Disability Champions@Work
- Equality Reps
- Going Global: Trade Unions and International Development
- Health and Safety Stage 1
- Introduction to Pensions
- Next Steps for Safety Reps Stage 2
- Stepping Up - the advanced course for union reps
- Union Learning Representatives Stage 1
- Union Learning Representatives Stage 2
- Union Representatives Stage 1
- TUC Diploma in Contemporary Trade Unionism
- TUC Diploma in Employment Law
- TUC Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Trade Unions and the Environment
Visit the unionlearn online course directory at www.unionlearn.org.uk/online
Workers Education Association
Time Off for Training
Union reps in recognised workplaces are entitled to paid time off for training. Contact the Branch Office if you experience any difficulty.